The Amos Bursary will be accepting applications from young women and men to join the programme from the 17th of November 2020, from academically able, British students of African and Caribbean descent who attend state schools and colleges in London, and are in Year 12.
Applications for The Amos Bursary 2021 are open now for year 12 students.
Apply here https://www.amosbursary.org.uk/students/
The Amos Bursary will be accepting applications to join the programme from the 17th of November 2020, from academically able, British students of African and Caribbean descent who attend state schools and colleges in London, and are in Year 12.
Since 2009, The Amos Bursary has been helping Britain’s talented young men of African and Caribbean heritage, who attend state schools from challenging environments, fulfil their academic potential, attend top universities, secure good professional jobs and give back to society.
We are pleased to announce that for the first time the programme will be increasing its intake and accepting young women. The programme will mirror that currently offered to the young men, with some sessions specifically tailored for your women in the 21st century.
We are looking for applicants studying all disciplines including the Humanities, the Arts and STEM subjects.
We are also looking to increase our support for some students who are unsuccessful in the competitive selection process for the full programme.
We provide them with social skills, and networks to help them achieve their career ambitions. The programme empowers the students to understand their true worth and develop the skills to help them make informed choices for their futures. We work in partnership with Universities looking to recruit and retain high calibre young men and employees looking to diversify their workforce.
In our 11 years of operation, 100% of our graduates have embarked on postgraduate study one year after graduation or are currently employed at leading organisations such as JP Morgan, Google, Google Deepmind, KPMG Goldman Sachs, Atkins Global, Baringa Global, , Linklaters LLP, The Home Office, The NHS, Unilever – among others. Some graduates have further embarked on entrepreneurial journeys, starting their own businesses.
We look forward to Promoting Excellence, Shaping Futures and changing the narrative for young people of African and Caribbean descent in the UK today.
After participating in the programme we expect our students to graduate and:
- complete their degree courses graduating with Firsts/2:1
- are educated, mentored and ready to become the UK’s next generation of quality employees in any career of their choice
- have unparalleled access to unique and life changing activities and experiences
- have accessed an increased their range of experiential and networking opportunities
- have accessed Internship/work experience required for robust CV’s
- nurtured and developed the skills, confidence, and resolve required for access to the workplace
- have had unparalleled global and commercial awareness with the opportunity to participate in overseas educational and work experiences
- have assistance and support to secure scholarships and secure financial assistance while at University.
For more information on our application criteria and to apply please go to https://www.amosbursary.org.uk/students/