Aim – our bright boys in the right direction
Motivate - them to achieve their best
Outreach – to select supportive peer mentors, key professional mentors
Support – offering life experiences to provide a well rounded educated, positive young man
Amos Bursary Students are outstanding. They are academically bright and expected to achieve good grades at A levels. With a range of supportive peer mentors and highly placed professional mentors, students get the best possible start towards a targeted university course and successful career.
Our aim is to ensure that every student has access to:
- Personal peer and professional mentors
- Weekend workshops for personal development (e.g. public speaking, presentation skills, interview skills etc.)
- Regular sessions to build their capacity as potential leaders within their community
- Access to inspirational and motivational speakers
- Work shadowing, tours of different places of work, or activities to expose our students to a range of opportunities e.g. to attend events from a social and work perspective
- Networking opportunities (e.g. yearly visit to the House of Lords with some of the most influential people in the UK, attendance at conferences and seminars)
- Individual coaching /personal development and recruitment & career plans
- Internship support with access & scope that provides a meaningful experience, and thereby enhances student employability and skills
- Develop links with private sector companies as an essential part of the career ladder and journey for our students
All undergraduates, except those awarded The Amos Bursary UCL Scholarship and BPP Scholarship, receive an annual bursary of £500.