Aim – our bright boys in the right direction
Motivate - them to achieve their best
Outreach – to select supportive peer mentors, key professional mentors
Support – offering life experiences to provide a well rounded educated, positive young man
Amos Bursary Students are outstanding. They are academically bright and expected to achieve good grades at A levels. With a range of supportive peer mentors and highly placed professional mentors, students get the best possible start towards a targeted university course and successful career.
Our aim is to ensure that every student has access to:
- Personal peer and professional mentors
- Weekend workshops for personal development (e.g. public speaking, presentation skills, interview skills etc.)
- Regular sessions to build their capacity as potential leaders within their community
- Access to inspirational and motivational speakers
- Work shadowing, tours of different places of work, or activities to expose our students to a range of opportunities e.g. to attend events from a social and work perspective
- Networking opportunities (e.g. yearly visit to the House of Lords with some of the most influential people in the UK, attendance at conferences and seminars)
- Individual coaching /personal development and recruitment & career plans
- Internship support with access & scope that provides a meaningful experience, and thereby enhances student employability and skills
- Develop links with private sector companies as an essential part of the career ladder and journey for our students
All undergraduates, except full-fee scholarships, receive an annual bursary of £500.